Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Event Recap: Julieta Alvarez Recaps the New York Gift Fair 2011

Julieta Alvarez, Pierre Frey sales and marketing assistant, attended this summer’s New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF). Held twice a year, the Show draws thousands of attendees from all over the world and showcases new designs in home and gift categories.


By Julieta Alvarez


This show is a must see for every interior designer and storeowner! As an interior designer, I am usually drawn to furniture rather than candles, lotions and perfumes, but I was stunned by the amount of booths with these items! Below are a few of the highlights from my trip.




Jardins en Fleur had something truly unique--I have never seen alabaster candlesticks with animal feet! These are perfect as a housewarming gift! Jardins en Fleur has everything chinoserie: hand painted silks, wallpapers, ceramic garden stools and alabaster accessories. So if you are looking to infuse your home with some Asian trinkets and accessories to go with your Gracie wallpaper, you know where to go!




Happy Blanket was amazing! Their most popular items were the cute and cozy animal blankets made from 100% cashmere. They were so cute that I had to bring one home with me!




Lubin was founded in 1798, just after the French Revolution and was the official perfume maker for Josephine and Pauline Bonaparte. Talk about a legendary brand!




McEvoy Ranch had one of my favorite items at the show. Their Body Balm made with olive and jojoba oils, beeswax and Vitamin E made a little go a long way! It was super rich and it left a subtle sheen on my skin. My absolute favorite for sure! The best part is they use recycled packaging and organic ingredients whenever possible!


I’m already looking forward to NYIGF 2012! Mark your calendars and be sure you don't miss it!


You can expect more from Julieta on GoDesignGo, but in the meantime, visit her fabulous design blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment