Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meet the Blogger: DesignIntake with Julieta Alvarez (Part 2)

Yesterday, we introduced you to Julieta Alvarez, founder of DesignIntake and regular contributor to GoDesignGo and one of the bloggers participating in the DDB's Blogger Lounge during Fall Market. We sat down with Julieta to learn more about what she's been up to and what she's excited about at Fall Market.


GDG: What are some of your favorite things about your blog?

JA: When I decided to start my blog, I found myself researching and being very curious about anything that had to do with interior design. I had also always wanted to know the latest trends for my career as an interior designer. The blog was a way for me to record all of these interesting things for myself. It was a very natural evolution and the feedback I get from total strangers is VERY rewarding.





GDG: What are a few fundamental elements to the style of your space?

JA: I suppose my style is a mixture of casual femininity with masculine and bold elements. I never want to make a space or an outfit that I wear “too much” of one thing. For example: I would not want to make a space too feminine, nor too elegant. I believe a space needs a balance of different elements to work in harmony; and I always try to have a BOLD element in each space to make it unforgettable in its own way.


GDG: Were there any trends this summer that you especially loved--or didn't?

JA: I had a ton of favorite trends, including the color combination of coral and gray, watercolor paintings, Hollywood Regency, lacquered walls, gloss paint, tufted sofas, Ikat fabrics, velvets, gold jewelry, Marc Jacobs bags and leopard ballerina slippers!

I did have a few trends that I'm really looking forward to saying goodbye to, including too many animal prints in one product and asymmetrical and slouchy dresses.


GDG: Can you share some fun facts about yourself?

JA: Luxury for me is having spare time and being happy with it--spending that in a beautifully designed space wouldn't hurt either! I also love to walk around in unknown cities taking pictures and blogging about the design inspiration it gives me.


I don’t collect anything, but if I had the disposable income, I would collect shagreen clutches and bold cocktail rings!


Check back with GoDesignGo to meet more of the DDB's Blogger Lounge roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment