Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meet the Blogger: Barbara Karpf Knows Decorators Best (Part 2)

Yesterday, we introduced you to Barbara H. Karpf, founder and president of New York City-based retail fabric and wallpaper company and blog, DecoratorsBest. Barbara is another one of 15 fabulous bloggers participating in the DDB's Bloggers Lounge during Fall Market. She took some time out of her hectic schedule to tell us about her own design style and which showrooms she has her eye on during Fall Market.


GDG: What are a few fundamental elements of your own space?

BK: As an interior designer I consider my style traditional and eclectic. I am also very fabric and color based with my selections and am known for my signature color pairings. My home in particular is warm and colorful and at the same time expresses a timeless, traditional look.


GDG: Were there any trends this summer that you especially loved—or didn't?

BK: The abundance of bright and beautiful colors this summer is something I love to share on our blog and newsletter! Trina Turk’s indoor/outdoor collection with its bold accents is an instant classic. I also love Highland Court’s Marakesh collection and Eileen Kathryn Boyd’s Duralee debut. Overall, I feel that the design world had a very successful summer and most of the styles we saw are fashionable and will also stand the test of time.




GDG: What are you looking forward to seeing during the DDB's Fall Market?

BK: Schumacher has been right on target with geometrics and bold colors, and I am especially looking forward to viewing the new products. Martin Lawrence Bullard’s collection from Schumacher is expected to be a hit! I am also very excited to see the new Phillip Jeffries line of vibrant and colorful natural wallcoverings.


GDG: Can you share some fun facts about yourself?

BK: I am a neophyte golfer, a passionate equestrian, but most of all I am the proud mother of two lovely daughters and the wife of an amazing husband. I enjoy cooking and entertaining in my Southampton home, and I love to travel, ski, and of course, decorate.


I also started DecoratorsBest with a laptop in my living room and today we have a full staff in a midtown office--that’s a fun fact I love to share!


Check back with GoDesignGo to meet more of the DDB's Fall Market Bloggers.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to express my thanks
    to this writer for bailing me out of such a matter. Right after looking out
    through the web and getting things which were not powerful, I assumed my life
    was over. Living devoid of the strategies to the issues you’ve fixed by way of
    the short article is a critical case, as well as the ones that might have
    negatively damaged my career if I hadn’t discovered your web blog. Your main
    mastery and kindness in taking care of everything was helpful. I don’t know
    what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a subject like this. I’m
    able to at this time look forward to my future. Thanks very much for your
    professional and result oriented guide. I won’t be reluctant to refer your site
    to anyone who needs and wants counseling on this issue.

    ReplyDelete