Thursday, February 2, 2012

Guest Blogger: Julieta Alvarez Shares Her Apartment Before & After Design (Part 2)

Guest blogger and DesignIntake writer Julieta Alvarez shares more about her recent budget-friendly design projects at her Upper East Side apartment in Manhattan.


By Julieta Alvarez


Painting the walls was the first task on my to-do list once I had purchased everything on my list. The Benjamin Moore paints that I chose included a teal tone for the living room; a light, cold gray for the hallway; and for the bedroom, a neutral but sophisticated bold Trout Gray, making the bedroom cozy and inviting.




I knew that I had to come up with an idea for the entryway since there was no dedicated location for my keys, coat, or handbag. The solution to the problem became the fabulous wall-mounted shelf from CB2. I positioned a white ceramic stool underneath the shelf, et voilĂ : the bag goes on top, but the ceramic stool can also be used as extra seating.




I acquired the lithographs during one of my many expeditions to the Armory in Hudson, New York. I urge anyone with an interest in antiques to make a trip up there! You will find an abundance of interesting and inexpensive items, and I promise you will not leave without a phenomenal deal. Each lithograph cost me roughly $50, and I framed them with a simple gilded wood frame. I used Pierre Frey fabric for the pillows and made the art in the hallway, and I also found a few pieces at nearby flea markets that were inexpensive but great-looking items—not to mention easy to find!




All of the pre-drawn designs, laundry lists of products, and time and energy spent working on my “before” landed me with an “after” I'm truly happy with and comfortable living in. It's only a matter of time before another itch comes and I'm back for another redesign!


Stay tuned to GoDesignGo for more from Julieta, and check out her design blog.

2 comments:

  1. Discount Kasper Suits...

    [...]listed here are some web page links to web-sites we link to since we believe they're worthy of visiting[...]...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dancing with the stars results...

    [...]these are a handful of references to webpages that we link to since we feel they will be definitely worth browsing[...]...

    ReplyDelete