Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What's inspiring you now, Stephen Elrod?

We are HUGE fans of Lee Jofa, the American fabric house founded in 1823. We also adore its VP and creative director, Stephen Elrod, who seems to embody the brand's refined-but-never-stuffy-aesthetic.

We asked Elrod to share a picture with us of something that recently inspired him. Here's what he had to say.

"I took these pictures of the Joseph window display at their shop in Knightsbridge, London. I really loved the unusual assortment of saturated bright and jewel toned colored dresses combined in such a fresh and sophisticated manner."


"I'm always finding something in London that gets my creative juices flowing. I suppose it is the unique mix of tradition juxtaposed with modernity that one finds in London that makes it so special for me. Whether I'm just walking down the street, as in this instance early this summer, or seeing the latest exhibition at the Tate Modern, there is an abundance of beautiful and exciting experiences that infuse my work."


Elrod pulled together this assortment of Lee Jofa fabrics for us.


A new multi-colored velvet stripe and coordinating textures in a range of colors you can see nicely captures the mood of the Joseph window in a palette perfect for our Fall interiors. Thank you, Stephen!


Stop by and see more of the finished product of his inspiration at the DCH (Suite 150), DDB (Suite 234), PDC (Suite B639), DCOTA (Suite C150).

No comments:

Post a Comment