Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Meet the Blogger: Getting to Know Rising Star A. Keith Powell (Part 2)

Yesterday, we chatted further with A. Keith Powell of A. Keith Powell Interior, who was recently honored as a Star on the Rise during DCOTA's Stars of Design Awards. Here's more from Keith from our afternoon spent getting to know him better.


GDG: What was your experience like at the Stars of Design awards and being honored as a Star on the Rise?

AKP: I feel quite honored being chosen as a 2006 Design Star and one of the 2012 Stars on the Rise recipients. It's an honor to be recognized by my peers.




GDG: What have you been busy with recently that you have been particularly enjoying?

AKP: One of my favorite projects this past year is a loft apartment I am just finishing up for a lovely German woman. She is terribly sophisticated and wanted, literally, a Faberge egg to live in! So I gave her a completely modern mix of modern elegance with many layers of luxurious textures covering every surface. The results are more spectacular than I could have imagined. I am looking forward to having it photographed this month.




GDG: Can you share a fun fact about yourself?

AKP: I have many collections, most of them in storage as I am living in a much smaller place at the moment. But one thing that I will never give up no matter how small my quarters, are my books. I have hundreds and hundreds of coffee table books on subjects ranging from photography to design, classic cars, architecture, and dogs!


Stay tuned to GoDesignGo for more from DCOTA's Stars on the Rise!

No comments:

Post a Comment