Friday, September 23, 2011

Meet the Blogger: Crystal Gentilello Rues the Roost (Part 2)

Yesterday, we introduced you Rue Magazine co-founder and editor in chief, Crystal Gentilello. Crystal is one of 15 bloggers participating in the DDB's Bloggers Lounge during Fall Market. She spent some time talking to us about the trends that she sees surfacing these days and a little about her personal design style.


GDG: What are a few fundamental elements of your own space?

CG: I'd say fundamental to my aesthetic is a need for visual peace and order. For me, I enjoy a home that is calming and evokes a sense of tranquility. Because of that I gravitate towards white spaces, a well-edited collection of furniture and accessories and luxurious textures.


GDG: Were there any trends this summer that you especially loved--or didn't?

CG: This might sound contradictory to my above response, but a huge trend that I'm seeing right now is the use of color. People are embracing it more and more this season and aren't afraid to use it liberally. I even experimented with it myself and recently painted my living room in Farrow & Ball's Down Pipe—a dark and moody gray. To keep that calming feel I adore, I was sure to pair it with soft-colored furniture and accessories in whites and light grays and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.


When guests come over the first thing comment on is how cozy it feels. Hearing that makes me so happy since that was exactly the feel I sought out to create!


GDG: What are you looking forward to seeing during the DDB's Fall Market?

CG: I've been really into lighting lately! Perhaps that's because I just installed new light fixtures in my entire home. I adore what Arteriors, Robert Abbey and Visual Comfort are doing. For fabrics, I'm a big fan of Kravet and Duralee. And for must-see showrooms, I always like to follow what Four Hands, Hickory Chair, and Palecek are doing!


GDG: Can you share some fun facts about yourself?

CG: I speak fluent Italian and I love to go for long runs in the morning. I really treasure my alone time and my morning coffee and I'm a big foodie. I crave Europe and adore my beloved and beautiful San Francisco!


Check back with GoDesignGo to meet more of the DDB's Fall Market Bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment