Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Designer: Thomas Fuchs' Ode to Otium (Part 3)

We've learned a ton about where Thomas Fuchs has come from to get to where he is today. The New York-based owner of Otium and designer for his signature collection, Otium has a firm footing in design and has shared with us who helped him along the way. Read on to learn what he's been working on lately.


GDG: What have you been busy with recently?

TF: I have definitely been busy recently. What I'm most looking forward to is a Barware collection. I recently started a collection of Barware in marble, glass, bone, silver and wood.




GDG: Can you tell us where we can find it?

TF: The collection will be introduced to designers in collaboration with the textile company Holland & Sherry.




GDG: Was there anything extra exciting about them?

TF: As much as I love sitting at my drawing table for hours creating the chandelier design, it is incredibly exciting to produce the drinking glasses. Within my first collection, I was working in over 15 colors at one time!


Find Otium at the DDB in the Holland & Sherry showroom, at the PDC in A. Rudin and at the DCOTA at J. Batchelor and be sure to check out his upcoming Barware collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment