Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Design Philosophy of Laura Michaelides

How would you define your design philosophy?

For me, design is an all-encompassing, continuous opportunity to delight in the visual world; to learn from its riches and to reflect what I’ve gleaned from the work that I do. Every day I try to share that delight with the clients I have the opportunity to work with, and try to make each design project a pathway to learning and discovery for us both. It’s a time for my clients to learn to express who they are through their environment; for me it’s a time to learn about my clients, and to try to find the best way to help them express their sensibilities, past history, and aspirations.

Because I enjoy the visual world so much, I am able to see virtue in many different styles, and feel comfortable with both modern and traditional design vocabularies. I find that I am less interested in doing rooms in one style, and am most excited by being able to mix traditional and contemporary elements so that they complement each other. At the moment, this seems like the most modern idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment