Thursday, September 8, 2011

Meet the Blogger: Here In This House with Elise & Mae (Part 3)

We've learned a ton about Elise Marshall Jones and Mae Hacking, co-founders of design blog HereInThisHouse. Part of the DDB's Bloggers Lounge during Fall Market, this design duo is two of the several bloggers participating. Read on to learn even more about what they're each excited about at Fall Market 2011.


GDG: Were there any trends this summer that you especially loved—or didn't?

EM: This summer I have fallen in love with the global influence on fabrics that have added so much texture and flair to pillows and chairs! I also am a huge fan of vintage look used as a focal point and I fell hard for the vintage book covers in monotone colors.




One trend I really didn’t jump onto the bandwagon of was the Pantone color of the year: Honeysuckle. I think having two small girls has given me a case of pink overload and I have tried to contain it to their areas of our home and their wardrobe!


MH: I must admit that I am still a bit wary about this revival of the brass finish, perhaps because I have too many bad memories of it from my childhood! I have seen a few pieces that are beginning to convert me but I’m looking forward to seeing more great examples of how brass can be modernized and feel fresh and new.




GDG: What are you looking forward to seeing during the DDB's Fall Market?

MH: That's a very tough call! If I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to say that I'm particularly excited to see the fabrics and floor and wall coverings. More specifically, I'm excited to see what's new at Osborne & Little and Clarence House. I'm a lover of color, graphic patterns and reinterpretations of classic concepts so I'm sure there will be much to catch my eye!


EM: I really look forward to visiting Kravet; it was such a special treat to get to visit their design studio back in the spring and I can’t wait to see the fulfillment of some of the sneak peeks we had. I’ve also been in love with the unusual chair shapes that have been popping up lately; so I’ll be on the lookout for more, as well as traditional pieces that are used in unusual and multi-functional ways for small-scale living. New, beautiful fabrics and wallcoverings are always great to see too!


Check back with GoDesignGo to meet more of the DDB's Bloggers Lounge roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment